Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My favourite site

Google, simple, I love it. However there are many ways to use it that people aren't aware of, that I wasn't aware of up to a few years ago. Now I don't know how i got along without them. Define words, look up conversion rates for currencies or metric measurements to imperial. Can't get on a certain website at a school? Try using a google proxy to look at that YouTube video. Want to know if your friend's flight is on time? type the flight number into google and you get it! I'm not talking about looking through results i'm saying that all of these things are a result themselves. Try it sometime, you may find that you use Google for more than just googling.

1 comment:

  1. Simple post, yet very effective. Nicely done.
    you bring up some good points that i have never really thought of. I've always just used google as a search engine, but you point out some other methods of using google that can be very effective for you in your teacher life, or just in your normal life.
    Thanks for this post, I'll take it as a challenge to myself to learn about the different features of a site we use everyday!

    ReplyDelete